About The 14th Annual Jersey Cares Day
The 14th Annual Jersey Cares Day is a day of true partnership and community building, as 2,500 volunteers from all over New Jersey unite for the common goal of revitalizing and beautifying Essex, Hudson, Mercer, Middlesex, Morris, and Somerset county communities. For the past thirteen years, thousands of volunteers have traveled to schools, parks and nonprofit organizations to bring much needed help to projects like painting murals on classroom walls, planting gardens outside school entrances, organizing classroom libraries, landscaping and removing trash in community parks, and painting lines for outdoor games on blank school parking lots, just to name a few. This year, more than 1,500 Jersey Cares Day volunteers will be giving their time to projects in Newark. Jersey Cares Day is also a fundraiser to support all of the important work Jersey Cares does throughout the year. Much like a walk-a-thon, Jersey Cares Day is a serve-a-thon. Our participating volunteers raise pledges for the time they are contributing, making the event an inspiring way to give back to the community!
- Jersey Cares Day will be held on Saturday, May 5, 2012
- All volunteers will go directly to their sites for registration
- Project assignments are given at registration unless you are an event sponsor and have requested your own site
- To register for Jersey Cares Day, visit the Jersey Cares Day website
- Registration opens on Monday, February 13, 2012.
- Volunteers can register as either a team or individual. Teams consist of 5 or more family, friends, or coworkers.
- Each team assigns a Team Leader who will coordinate all the details for the team on and before the event.
- Both the team and individual advance registration deadline is April 27th.
Schedule of the Day
8:30 am - 9:00 am Volunteer arrival and registration
9:00 am - 9:30 am Welcome, orientation and project assignments
9:30 am - 1:15 pm Volunteer projects
1:15 pm - 1:30 pm Clean-up and departure
There is no cost to participate, however, volunteers are asked to make a $5 donation to help cover the costs of the event (including t-shirts). Also, this is a serve-a-thon, and we encourage all participants to fundraise. When you register for Jersey Cares Day, you will get your very own customizable web page and a number of easy to use tools, which allow you to e-mail family, friends and co-workers. The e-mails will provide a direct link to your personalized Jersey Cares Day web page where visitors can learn more about the event, your participation and make a donation. Alternatively, friends and family can locate your webpage by simply clicking on the "Sponsor Volunteer" button on the Jersey Cares Day website and entering your name. Those who raise funds above the suggested minimum will be eligible for great prizes!