The STEM..tacular Extravaganza
There are over 4 million available jobs in science and technology. However, millions of kids can’t compete for them because they lack access to technology and educational resources —leaving too many kids behind. At Verizon, we believe that our technology has the power to help people lead better lives, solve problems in new ways and create lasting value. That’s why we’ve developed a program called Verizon Innovative Learning that provides free technology, free access and immersive, hands-on learning to students in need. We need more kids to see the world of possibilities waiting for them. Come together with your coworkers, friends, and neighbors to help us lead STEM-related workshops for 250 students! Verizon Innovative Learning has teamed up with Jersey Cares to bring you the first ever STEM Challenge volunteer project at a historically underserved elementary school in Newark, New Jersey.
Volunteer Opportunity Details
We have a role for every volunteer, whether you love working with kids and can’t wait to help lead workshops, or if logistics, welcome and registration, or STEM competition judging is more your pace!
- 150 volunteers will lead students through five interactive workshops, including: Build the Tallest 3-D Tower (with 3-D Doodle Pens!), Bottle Rockets, Creative Catapults, Solar Robots, and Chocolate Bridge Building.
- Date: Saturday, May 6th, 2017
- Register to volunteer HERE
- Volunteer Age Minimum: 18+
- Attire: Wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring sunscreen as some of the workshops take place outside.
- Water and light snacks will be provided