A Leadership Specialist is a highly-regarded Project Coordinator who has demonstrated a clear ability to lead others in service. This individual will play an important role in welcoming new Project Coordinators to Jersey Cares through their supportive participation at volunteer opportunities throughout New Jersey. The Leadership Specialist position was created for veteran Project Coordinators interested in mentoring new Project Coordinators during their onboarding process. This mentoring program will match new Project Coordinators with a more experienced peer who will provide general guidance and help foster leadership competencies, project coordination and volunteer management skills.
Primary Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Participate in the Leadership Specialist training with the Program Manager at Jersey Cares.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager to create a welcoming and relaxed onboarding process.
- Provide assistance and support for Project Coordinators during their initial volunteer opportunity.
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to new and existing PC’s.
- Encourage new Project Coordinators to explore and become involved in a variety of activities with Jersey Cares.
- Serve as an effective participant, mentor, and guide at volunteer opportunities with your mentee.
- Report progress, growth, and feedback back to the Program Manager at Jersey Cares.
- Facilitate regular recurring Project Coordinator Training.
Secondary Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Identify potential leaders by attending projects with no current leadership and forward the list of potential new Project Coordinators to the Program Manager at Jersey Cares.
Leadership Position Requirements:
- Volunteered with Jersey Cares for a minimum of 40 hours.
- Reputable record of providing leadership and following through on administrative tasks (ie: volunteer hours verification).
- Interest in recruiting Project Coordinators to expand the reach and scope of our leadership team.
- Interest in providing leadership and simplifying the onboarding process for new Project Coordinators.
To apply for this voluntary leadership role please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Leadership Specialist (Volunteer)
Active Leadership Specialists