Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Art of Life Therapy in Englewood
Connect with the human spirit and make a new friend. You can uplift and enrich someone's life through the art of conversation. This elder home provides services to people who once worked in the "acting industry". Lights, Camera, Action - volunteers are needed to work with our elders in a variety of exciting activities. However, at the core of this experience is your ability to have an enriching conversation with a new elder friend.
Tactile/Sensory - volunteers will assist residents with craft making or a similar creative tabletop activity.
Physical Fitness - volunteers will engage residents in group exercise such as bowling, balloon volleyball, Octoband or ball toss.
Intellectual - volunteers will join residents in table games like checkers, Jenga, Boggle, or even a large group game using the easel pad.
Know Before You Go:
- Please arrive a little earlier to go through registration security check.
- Bring you government issued ID, such as a driver's license or State ID Card. If you don't bring your ID, you won't have the ability to volunteer.
- Age restrictions for this opportunity are set by the agency.
- Onsite parking is limited but there is plenty of street parking.
- Do you have an idea for a fun project? Email the Project Coordinator.
- Need help registering a team? Call us at 973-533-1993.
Orientation Video: Are you new to Jersey Cares? Watch our brief orientation video to learn more about who we are, what we do and how to sign-up for a project.
FAQ’s: For answers to our frequently asked questions, please visit the Help section of our website.
Waivers: All projects have non-negotiable age restrictions that are noted on the upper right side of each project description. If you meet the age restriction but are under 18, please have a parent or legal guardian complete the required youth waiver and bring with you to the project. Adults attending the project can expedite the registration process by printing the adult waiver in advance, sign and bring with you.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: