Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:18+
Marketplace in Paterson
Volunteers are needed to give vital assistance, sorting and bagging up fresh fruit and vegetables as well as canned goods in CUMAC's warehouse. CUMAC is the largest food distribution program in Passaic County, feeding over 2,600 low income individuals and families every month. Be apart of something special!
Need To Know
- CUMAC is facing a shortage on food and plastic grocery bags. Any donation of nonperishable foods (dry good, canned items, frozen foods, etc. or plastic grocery bags would be greatly appreciated.
- CUMAC has its own parking lot; a tunnel entrance to the lot on your left just before the black train overpass
- Volunteers should wear closed toed shoes and clothing they don’t mind getting dirty
- Dress accordingly to the current weather as the warehouse doors usually remain open
- Be mindful of specific sorting/ bagging directions
- Treat the food with care
Orientation Video: Are you new to Jersey Cares? Watch our brief orientation video to learn more about who we are, what we do and how to sign-up for a project.
FAQ’s: For answers to our frequently asked questions, please visit the Help section of our website.
Waivers: All projects have non-negotiable age restrictions that are noted on the upper right side of each project description. If you meet the age restriction but are under 18, please have a parent or legal guardian complete the required youth waiver and bring with you to the project. Adults attending the project can expedite the registration process by printing the adult waiver in advance, sign and bring with you.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: