Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Marketplace in Newark
Volunteer and make a measurable difference in the lives of many by helping sort, organize and package items for distribution to families. This volunteer opportunity is dedicated to battling hunger and poverty in our community.
- Some of the tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Sorting & bagging food.
- Engaging clients in meaningful conversation
- Facilitating intakes.
- Unpack deliveries & stock shelves.
- Setup and breakdown
Volunteer Guidelines: COVID-19
- Protective Equipment: Masks, Gloves, and Sanitizer will be provided
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and wash your hands before, during, and after volunteering for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Your willingness to serve with a bright smile.
- Orientation Video: Are you new to Jersey Cares? Watch our brief orientation video to learn more about who we are, what we do and how to sign-up for a project.
- FAQ’s: For answers to our frequently asked questions, please visit the Help section of our website.
- Waivers: All projects have non-negotiable age restrictions that are noted on the upper right side of each project description. If you meet the age restriction but are under 18, please have a parent or legal guardian complete the required youth waiver and bring with you to the project. Adults attending the project can expedite the registration process by printing the adult waiver in advance, sign and bring with you.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: