Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Emergency Response Food Distribution Effort in Newark
Since April 2nd, the Covid-19 Emergency Response Food Distribution Effort has bagged and distributed over 750,000 pounds of fresh food and essential food items to over 1,500 seniors and 500 families each week in the city of Newark, NJ. Food is donated by Table to Table.
Volunteers will assist in the unloading of food pallets and supplies as well as preparing 2000 bags of fresh produce. After the preparation of the bags, volunteers will then help load the bags onto vans for delivery to Senior Buildings and families living in Newark, NJ.
Volunteer Guidelines: COVID-19
· Protective Equipment: Masks, Gloves, and Sanitizer will be provided
· Temperature checks will be taken
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Clean and wash your hands before, during, and after volunteering for a minimum of 20 seconds.
· Volunteers must complete a Volunteer Pre-Screening Survey prior to attending food distribution date. Volunteer Pre-Screening Survey
Need to know:
· Volunteers must be 18 years or older
· Street parking available outside of the Greater Newark Conservancy
· Dress comfortably
· Continental Breakfast and lunch will be provided
Orientation Video: Are you new to Jersey Cares? Watch our brief orientation video to learn more about who we are, what we do and how to sign-up for a project.
FAQ’s: For answers to our frequently asked questions, please visit the Help section of our website.
Waivers: All projects have non-negotiable age restrictions that are noted on the upper right side of each project description. If you meet the age restriction but are under 18, please have a parent or legal guardian complete the required youth waiver and bring with you to the project. Adults attending the project can expedite the registration process by printing the adult waiver in advance, sign and bring with you.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: