Hunger Helpers in Jersey City
Volunteers play an important role in the facilities' operation through their assistance with meal preparation, sorting and distributing food. St. Lucy’s Shelter is a supervised 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, year-round emergency shelter for single women and men. In addition to emergency housing, St. Lucy's also provides food for those in need. Be apart of an amazing experience!
- When you arrive, please sign in at the front desk
- Volunteers will receive a brief orientation upon arrival
- Volunteers should wear clothes they are comfortable working in
- Being flexible is a plus as tasks may change based on necessity
- Volunteers should be able to stand, move about during the distribution.
- Following specific instructions regarding each task help make everyone have a positive experience
- Please converse with the guests
- Volunteers will receive gloves and an apron
Orientation Video: Are you new to Jersey Cares? Watch our brief orientation video to learn more about who we are, what we do and how to sign-up for a project.
FAQ’s: For answers to our frequently asked questions, please visit the Help section of our website.
Waivers: All projects have non-negotiable age restrictions that are noted on the upper right side of each project description. If you meet the age restriction but are under 18, please have a parent or legal guardian complete the required youth waiver and bring with you to the project. Adults attending the project can expedite the registration process by printing the adult waiver in advance, sign and bring with you.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: