Golconda Court #16 Oasis of Newark
The Imperial Court, Daughters of Isis, is an auxiliary of female family members of Prince Hall Shriners, and was formally organized at the annual session of the Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, held in Detroit, Michigan, on August 24, 1910. The establishment of the Imperial Court was a result of a meeting held in 1909, when women representing the Daughters of Isis from Maryland, Rhode Island and Washington, DC, met with a committee of Prince Hall Shriners and requested the formation and recognition of an organization for their women relatives. The purpose of the Imperial Court, Daughters of Isis, is to unite the relatives of all members of the A.E.A.O.N.M.S. into one common bond of friendship, to practice charity and benevolence, and to inculcate honor and integrity as symbolized in the legend of the Egyptian queen, the goddess Isis.