Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Hurricane Florence Call Center in Morris County
Volunteers are needed to answer calls for individuals needing assistance due to Hurricane Florence; they will provide information and referrals to a variety of resources and capture the caller’s information in our client record system.
Of course, volunteers will be trained to use our phone system and client record system the Friday before the weekend shifts that you select. So, this means you must be available to attend the training on Friday before volunteering on Saturday and Sunday.
We know and understand this volunteer opportunity is not for everyone. To help you make the right decision for yourself, these are the commitments and skills needed. After expressing interest, a coordinator will call you to discuss next steps.
- Attend Training - volunteers must attend one three-hour training the Friday before your initial weekend shift. When you register, you will be asked what training shift you are able to attend. The options are 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM or 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM.
- We ask that you register and commit to six or more shifts, please.
- Tech Savvy - solid typing and computer skills are a must. In addition to a solid understanding of data collection, entry and a strong understanding of searching the internet and our database for client resources.
- Verbal Communication - volunteers will need the ability to speak in a clear, concise and respectful manner.
- Multi-Tasking - volunteers will answer calls, type, surf the internet and support peoples emotional needs all at once.
- Empathetic - showing an ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
- Superhero - you will have the ability to save someones day over the phone (no cape required).
- Depending on your shift, we will provide either a complimentary lunch or dinner.
FAQ’s: For answers to our frequently asked questions, please visit the Help section of our website.
Waivers: All projects have non-negotiable age restrictions that are noted on the upper right side of each project description. If you meet the age restriction but are under 18, please have a parent or legal guardian complete the required youth waiver and bring with you to the project. Adults attending the project can expedite the registration process by printing the adult waiver in advance, sign and bring with you.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: