Interested in our services and becoming a nonprofit partner agency? This is the place to start!
Jersey Cares works in partnership with hundreds of community-based nonprofit agencies to provide volunteers with a variety of meaningful opportunities for service and leadership.
As a leader in volunteerism in New Jersey, Jersey Cares increases the level of meaningful volunteer engagement by creating and managing efficient, impactful projects that address critical community-identified needs.
We work with each organization to identify their needs, recruit teams of volunteers and manage projects where volunteers can make meaningful contributions; then recruit and deploy teams of volunteers to help. Your nonprofit can benefit from Jersey Cares in the following ways:
Host recurring volunteer opportunities through the Volunteer Opportunity Calendar.
Receive large-scale teams of volunteers through Corporate Service.
Have volunteers at your site during a Jersey Cares Annual Event.
Receive items from one of Jersey Cares Collection Drives.
Learn about Nonprofit Partner benefits
Jersey Cares Agency Partners have a variety of resources at their fingertips, including:
Access to passionate volunteers. Whether you're looking for a team of volunteers to tackle a big issue or individual volunteers interested in committing to an on-going shift or skill-based project, we can help! As a partner, you'll be able to benefit from the generous gift given by thousands of New Jersey volunteers.
Support in managing "done-in-a-day" volunteer projects - let us do all the work! If you have a need that can be met by bringing in volunteers for a one-time, group-based, direct-service project, we're available to help develop the opportunity, manage volunteer registration, send confirmation and reminder emails to volunteers and track hours for those who attend. We'll also place one of our awesome trained volunteer leaders (a.k.a. – Project Coordinator) on site to help support you and the volunteers. These large-scale opportunities only occur on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service (January) and September 11th National Day of Service and Remembrance (September).
Opportunity to work with corporate volunteers. Our Corporate Service program develops "done-in-a-day" volunteer projects for our corporate partners. This is a great way to introduce service-oriented companies from the New Jersey area to your organization.
Access to additional resources and best practices. We strive to connect our Partner Agencies with valuable resources to strengthen their volunteer programs while supporting them in addressing critical needs in the New Jersey community. As a partner, you'll have access to resources such as volunteer recruitment tips, information on networking opportunities and professional development in the field of civic engagement and effective volunteer management solutions.
Nonprofit Partnership Next Steps
Follow these steps to apply for a Nonprofit Partnership:
1. Make sure your agency is eligible. Jersey Cares partners with community-based agencies that fit the following criteria.
An agency with 501(c)3 nonprofit status, a public/not-for-profit school or a government organization.
An agency based in New Jersey.
An agency that is not part of a political campaign.
- An agency that does not discriminate. Our nonprofit partners who we serve as the core of our mission, must not discriminate in its staff, board, volunteers, volunteer committees or recipients of services on the basis of a person's race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, mental disability, physical disability or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
2. Understand upfront how we operate:
Before you begin to express interest, please note.
We partner with organizations that have at least one full year of operational expertise.
The opportunities we manage must have a recurrence of at least once per month. We do not support one-day or short-term projects that do not coincide with an annual day of service, as noted earlier.
- If your need is within the next eight weeks, we are unable to support. We take time to learn more about our agency partner before recruiting and sending volunteers.
- We do not support fundraisers, walks, runs, events, galas or administrative tasks.
3. Confirm that your organization isn't already a partner. It's possible that someone else from your organization (over the years) has already been through the partnership process. View the list here, Jersey Cares Partners or call us at (973) 533-1993.
4. Submit a Nonprofit Partner Application to begin the potential partnership process.
Applications are reviewed at the end of each month. Each application will be vetted based on a variety of considerations, including impact areas that are popular with volunteers and those that we are lacking in our current portfolio of nonprofit partners.
If your organization has been selected, we will follow up with you to complete the process, which includes completing the following agreement.
MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)
Yvenson Monperousse Program Manager of Agency Relations